[lltx] new tlmgr action

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue May 11 14:10:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

Le 11/05/2010 13:52, Norbert Preining a écrit :
> On Mo, 10 Mai 2010, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>> We may want to create a new postaction for this script.
>
> I tend to disagree. I try to prevent proliferation of postactions, we have
> already severals, and in this case the incantation is always the same,
> there is no data to carry over.
>
> If the script will reside somewhere in the texmf(-dist) hierarchy I suggest
> to simpy add
> 	postaction script file=texmf-dist/scripts/foo/bar/mkfontblabla.texlua
> to the respective packages.

Of course you're right. I forgot we already had a "script" postaction (well, I
see that only XeTeX is using it for now).

> Note that we currently only support automatic detection of file with
> extension of
> 	.pl		perl
> 	.texlua		texlua
> but not .lua.

I guess adding .lua -> texlua is easy.

The tricky part is, we want to call the -sys version of the script. Please
excuse me if I'm suggesting something stupid, but couldn't we extend postaction
script so that it can use executables under bin/ ? That way, we could benefit
from the symlinks/wrapper for the -sys variant, and wouldn't need to worry about
guessing the interpreter.

Another point: it is possible that a package with this postaction script
mkluatexfontdb is installed while luaotfload is not. In that case, tlmgr should
silently skip the postaction IMO. (The problem doesn't arise with XeTeX since
the script is included in the xetex package itself.)

Manuel.