[lltx] Future of xltxtra

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 07:18:20 CEST 2010

On 14/05/2010, at 2:36 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> Seeing how people get confused about what xltxtra is for, I'd rather
> make the package detect luatex and this show an error message. This way
> we give the users a meaningful error message and avoid continuing the
> confusion.

That may well be the best option. Users can always scroll past the error if they are still experimenting. (After all, there's not too much in xltxtra that will break in LuaLaTeX.)

Okay, I'll work towards a unified fontspec+xltxtra minus the contentious bits'n'pieces. I'm pretty confident on which parts don't cause problems and which should be split into separate packages.

-- Will