[lltx] xunicode

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Mar 24 15:40:20 CET 2010

Hello,

We're trying to move xunicode from an independant package to something
loaded with EU2 (or EU1), as it would be more coherent with the
behaviour of other fontenc files. The thing is the maintainer of
xunicode doesn't answer my regular mails for 3 months or so, so we
cannot rely on him for future development and we must fork it (unless
someone knows how to make Ross Moore answer). What I did in
http://github.com/eroux/euenc is to split xunicode.sty into
euxunicode.sty and euxunicode-extra.sty (that contains the TIPA
definitions), and to load euxunicode.sty automatically in eu1enc.def
and eu2enc.def. I also added a detection of xunicode loading, and if
it is I issue a warning saying that it is deprecated and that the user
should use only fontspec.

What do you think of this solution? Improvements welcome...

Thank you,
--
Elie