[lltx] euxunicode

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Jun 27 18:01:39 CEST 2010

Am Sun, 27 Jun 2010 17:46:04 +0200 schrieb Elie Roux:

> Do you (all) think it would be a good idea to separate euxunicode
> from euenc? I can't remember the reasons why we melt it together
> at the first place...

The .def-files of the euenc-package are the logical place for the
various \DeclareUTFcharacter-settings (T1enc.def contains the
similar declarations for T1).

>From a logical point the various definitions
(\newcommand{\DeclareUTFcomposite}...) should be in fontenc.

So a really sane setup would be in my opinion a xfontenc.sty which
contains the only fontenc + the xunicode definitions, various files
with sensible subsets of the declarations from xunicode which can be
loaded by the euXenc.def files or directly.

But I don't think that such a sane setup is of main priority.
Adapting polyglossia e.g. is more important.

--
Ulrike Fischer