[lltx] location of font cache /fontspec and microtype

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jun 24 09:56:56 CEST 2010

Am Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:46:58 +0300 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

>> 1. The script mkluatexfontdb claims:
>>
>> "The output database file is named otfl-fonts.lua. By default it is
>> placed
>> in $TEXMFVAR/luatex/generic/luaotfload/names"
>>
>> Well in my case is not there but in the same root where the script
>> resides in tex/luatex/luaotfload/names.

> That was the old place, I forgot to update the documentation.

> Now it is $TEXMFVAR/luatex-cache/generic/names.

I installed luaotfload two days ago (I think from the CTAN-tds, but
it also could be that I used the files in w32tex-package) and this
version uses in otfl-font-nms.lua

local names_dir      = "/tex/luatex/luaotfload/names/"
localdir  = kpse.expand_var("$TEXMFMAIN") .. names_dir,

which is the place where the font cache is found after I run the
script.

Btw: I had some problems to run the mkluatexfontdb script due to
some dubious (chess) fonts in my system font folder: The script run
a long time and then failed with a "no memory" message. It worked
fine after I removed the fonts. Is there somewhere a config file
"ignore_this_bad_fonts_please.cfg"?

I suggest also that you mention in the documentation *how* a lua
script like mkluatexfontdb.lua can be run. E.g. on windows I had to
use "texlua mkluatexfontdb.lua" which is not something a new
lua(la)tex user can guess easily.

--
Ulrike Fischer