[lltx] kerning; am i mad?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 20:27:18 CEST 2010

On 07/06/2010, at 3:44 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> Using "\font\1=name:Verdana:script=latn\1 Test" I get kerning, so for some reason fontspec stopped applying default script.

That part of the code did get changed recently.
I'll take a closer look tomorrow. Good to hear I'm not totally crazy.

But why is 'kern' always be applied? I'm not sure if I see the logic there.

Actually, XeTeX does similar weird stuff here too...

\font\1="Verdana:script=" at 12pt\1 Test  % kerning
\font\1="Verdana:script=latn" at 12pt\1 Test  % no kerning
\font\1="Verdana" at 12pt\1 Test  % no kerning

Too late at night for me to think straight.

-- Will