[lltx] fontspec tests suite

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Jun 4 16:27:47 CEST 2010

Le 04/06/2010 16:08, Diederick C. Niehorster a écrit :
> And based on your other email announcing the test suite, what is that
> fuzz factor exactly? I could imagine big fails that are only a few
> pixels.. e.g. -- not being converted to en-dash, or and ft ligatue
> failing. Guess (but haven't tried) that output of a given testcase
> should be the same given that typesetting should be deterministic,
> right? or just moving to a different system would lead to slightly
> different output easily (sounds bad intuitively)? Personally, I'd
> prefer the human change-detector approach, unless the false negatives
> are really common.

On one test, run semi-manually, I got "3" (dunno which unit) as the difference
on the "hello world" sample. Will mentioned floating-point and rounding errors.
I'd be curious to know more about when this difference comes from (since I
naively tend to agree with you that the typesetting should be fully
determinisitc), but I'm afraid I don't have the time and necessary background
(event the the time to acquire such a background) to invesitgate.

Manuel.