[lltx] Opentype font loading problem

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 07:38:01 CEST 2010

On 17/07/2010, at 9:09 PM, Arun Dev wrote:

>          I have a WinXP SP2 system and I have the latest files of luatex and
> luaotfload, fontspec, ..... packages. My problem is that while I am
> able to load .ttf fonts in my windows/fonts folder, I can't use any of the .otf
> fonts in luatex. An error message saying that the font cannot be
> loaded because metric data not found or bad appears. But when I place
> the otf files in the texmf tree I am able to use them.

Find the script mkluatexfontdb.lua (part of luaotfload) and run it on the command line with the verbose option:

    mkluatexfontdb.lua -vvv

(maybe without the .lua extension, depending how it's installed)

It will report the locations searched for fonts and which fonts are added to the database. Perhaps that will help debug the problem.

-- Will