[lltx] German Hypenation broken in LuaLaTeX for TL2010

Ulrik Vieth ulrik.vieth at arcor.de
Thu Jul 15 02:32:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

I noticed that some recent updates of hyph-utf8 in TL2010 Pretest
seem to have broken German hypenation in LuaLaTeX.

Previously (for German at least) I could get away with simply loading
polyglossia into LuaLaTeX and ignoring the XeTeX-specific errors.
(This may not necessarily be a good solution for other languages.)

The hyphen patterns for German were preloaded in the LuaLaTeX and
the language switching from polyglossia worked just as well.

As of recently, LuaLaTeX uses a different hyphen configuration,
which states that patterns for additional languages should be loaded
at runtime, yet there is no mechanism in LuaLaTeX yet to do so.

I end up without hyphen patterns for German preloaded, and langauge
switching has the effect of diabling hyphenation completely.

I understand that there is work in progress, but for me this has
broken something that used to work, without providing a new solution.

Maybe the hyhpen config in TL2010 should setup shoud be kept
differently for context/luatex and for lualatex, at least
temporarily until a better solution for latex is available.

What do you think?

Regards, Ulrik