[lltx] Re: xltxtra+luatex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Jan 22 11:35:23 CET 2010

Will Robertson a écrit :
> To be honest, I'm not even sure if we need xltxtra (or analogous) any more. I
> suggest we enumerate its features and then decide which of them are really
> necessary -- it may end up that stuff like OpenType superiors for
> \textsuperscript/\textsubscript deserve their own mini-packages and the rest
> can be ignored. The more I think about this idea the more I like it -- there
> have been more issues raised than solved, I think, by lumping in various
> LaTeX changes into a single package when conflicts have occurred.

Well, I'm in my splitting phase with luatexbase etc, so I tend to agree to
splitting. However, I'd like to advocate for a single (or at least very few)
end-user packages, so the user don't have to say

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{opentypesuperscripts}
\usepackage{whatever}
\ETC.

in each and every document.

> Oh, and we should also get a version of the LuaTeX logo incorporated into
> metalogo. I'll message Andrew Moschou about it.

Btw, I tend to like Lua\kern-0.8333em\TeX but apparently the LuaTeX manual uses
just Lua\TeX. I guess they know better than us...