[lltx] polytonic Greek hyphenation

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Dec 22 14:02:44 CET 2010

Le 22/12/2010 13:52, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> Your example in the old thread (with \usepackage[greek]{babel})
> works fine for me (miktex 2.9 + lualatex). I don't read greek but
> showhyphens shows   χα-λε-πὰ and I see one hyphenated word in the
> text.

Thanks for testing, Ulrike.

> To get it working you need
>
> 1. a current lualatex.ini which contains the line
> \input luatex-unicode-letters.tex
>
> 2. the luatex-unicode-letters.tex
>
> 3. A lualatex format which has been generated with the above
> lualatex.ini

Which makes me think: with TeX Live, the system-wide format should be
regenerated automatically, but you may have a user-specific format, for some reason.

I recommend that you either delete ~/.texlive2010/texmf-var/web2c if it exists,
or rerun fmtutil --byengine luatex. (Unless you know why you need to have a
user-specific format, the first option is the way to go.)

> 4. I also needed to activate the greek patterns in miktex settings.

For texlive, check that hyphen-greek is installed.

Manuel.