[lltx] testing latest otf code

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Dec 7 17:47:55 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 05:31:18PM +0100, Elie Roux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a tibetan font which seems to have problems with LuaTeX, but
> i'm not sure as I don't have the latest version of the font loading
> system... I'm on debian and I don't have a texlive 2010 installed. I
> tried to update luaotfload to the latest github code, but it needed
> a more recent luatexbase, which I also updated to the latest github
> code, but now I have an error telling me that log() is nil at line
> 45 of luaotfload.lua... I tried to define a dumb log() version, but
> now I'm not sure if it's really supposed to work fine with my
> luatexbase, as it also kept regenerating my font database and
> scanning all fonts (not only the ones not already seen).

The version uploaded to CTAN should work fine together, I'm not sure
what is the status of the luatexbase on github, but here texlive2010
every thing seems to be fine.

> So I tried to get the latest ConTeXt code, namely luatex-fonts.lua,
> but I cannot find it anymore on
> http://source.contextgarden.net/tex/generic/context.
>
> Are these problems normal (in the sense that I should have TeXLive
> 2010)? Where can I get the latest luatex-fonts.lua?

No idea, ask Hans.

Anyway, Indic scripts are not supported (unless you are not using any
Indic specific features and doing all the processing yourself using
generic features). Hans can probably support Indic scripts if given a
clear specification and a set of tests (last I heard Indic OT
specification was a mess with MS releasing incompatible specs with every
new Windows release; non of the free OT engines have a reliable Indic
support.)