[latexrefman] Front/back matter

Hefferon, Jim S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Tue Jun 26 18:04:13 CEST 2018

Revised the Front/back matter chapter.   Added synopses, examples, and descriptions for table of contents, indexes, and glossaries.

For indexes, expanded description of makeindex (and omitted xindy from the title), including a list of options for .isty files that are relevant to LaTeX.

I am really not the person to do the entry for glossaries, since I have never made one.  I put in a few things that seemed obvious, but it needs work.

Getting close to done on this pass.

Jim

According to a 1983 investigation by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation producer Brian Vallee, the lemming scenes were faked. The lemmings supposedly committing mass suicide by leaping into the ocean were actually thrown off a cliff by the Disney filmmakers. --http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=56