[latexrefman-discuss] *The* solution is to type @code{@{@}} after the command and before the space.

Johannes Böttcher johannesbottcher at domain.hid
Sun Jan 31 11:49:03 CET 2016

David Carlisle once wrote:
 > xspace was a silly idea. [1]

An answer of David concerning the drawbacks of xspace [2] ends with:
 > So, if you find it useful, fine, it's there. But personally I
wouldn't recommend it.

Based on that and the fact, that it is not part of the base core, i
would omit mentioning it in the ref manual.

[1] http://chat.stackexchange.com/transcript/41?m=9404871#9404871
[2]
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/86565/drawbacks-of-xspace/86620#86620