[l2h] images generated for math have black bar at bottom

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Thu Jul 19 12:24:01 CEST 2018

shige 07/19 2018
----------------

Berna Massingill wrote:
| Following up because I've tripped over the same problem in installing
| a 2018 version of latex2html:
|
| To recap, the problem turned out to be that l2hconf.pm had this line:
|
| $DVIPSOPT = ' -Ppdf  -E';
|
| instead of this line:
|
| $DVIPSOPT = ' -E';
|
| I wondered how I had missed copying this configuration tweak when
| I copied over the others, but I think I understand now how that
| happened:

Before install the latex2html, you must edit the file "prefs.pm".
In prefs.pm,

 $prefs{'DVIPSOPT'} = ' -Ppdf';

is defined, it becomes the value of $newcfg{'DVIPSOPT'} in
config/config.pl, '-E' option is appended to the value, and
the value is written to cfgcache.pm.
Then, @DVIPSOPT@ in l2hconf.pin is substituted to the value at
making l2hconf.pm by config/build.pl which loads cfgcache.pm.