[l2h] Problems with larger documents when generationg images

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Fri Jan 27 05:18:47 CET 2012

shige 01/27 2012
----------------

Mark Duke <mark.duke at simpack.de> wrote:
> We want to use latex2html to create a really large document - as a pdf
> approximately 2000 pages. There are a considereable number (~4000) of
> images, which need to be converted, e.g formulas. It seems as though
> latex2html is limited to 1000 images, which can be converted, as in my
> image temp directory the last image generated is image997.ps. Does
> anyone know how to increase the limit or any other suggestions?

I tested my l2h for my latex file which includes 1015 math
expressions. The l2h (LaTeX2HTML 2008 (1.71)) (and my dvips(k)
5.95b) generated 1015 images correctly. L2h may not have such a
limitation.

% ls -F test1/img*
test1/img1.gif
test1/img10.gif
test1/img100.gif
test1/img1000.gif
test1/img1001.gif
test1/img1002.gif
test1/img1003.gif
test1/img1004.gif
test1/img1005.gif
test1/img1006.gif
test1/img1007.gif
test1/img1008.gif
test1/img1009.gif
test1/img101.gif
test1/img1010.gif
test1/img1011.gif
test1/img1012.gif
test1/img1013.gif
test1/img1014.gif
test1/img1015.gif
test1/img102.gif
test1/img103.gif

% ls -F /tmp/l2h12652/image*.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image098.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image099.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image100.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1000.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1001.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1002.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1003.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1004.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1005.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1006.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1007.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1008.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1009.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image101.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1010.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1011.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1012.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1013.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1014.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image1015.ps
/tmp/l2h12652/image102.ps

> "Error while converting image
>
> Error: Cannot read 'simpack_documentationimg2.png': No such file or
> directory

I think your problem may be occured by another reason.