[l2h] Need dim and half dim symbols

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Fri Jun 25 19:03:40 CEST 2010

I think I might be getting closer on this. I created a little file
outside of my project for some testing. The command line I've used is:

 latex2html -no_math -html_version 4,latin1,unicode circ

Results are that there is a problem with slashed circle.

   \o  -- fine.

   \raisebox{.4ex}{\o}  - slashed circle, NOT raised

$\raisebox{.4ex}{\o}$  - raised, but NO slash. Here the image used is
the same as the one used for $\raisebox{.4ex}{o}$

  $\raisebox{.4ex}{ø}$  - correct  but math does italic

So, latex2html is reading the ø character ($F8) but not accepting \o
if it's in math? Or something like that :)

I might just put myself out of my self-created misery by writing a bit
of raw html with <sup> to do this. Still, I'd like to understand the
problem. Could it be my version of latex2html?

 latex2html --version
$* is no longer supported at /usr/bin/latex2html line 10589.
Note: Loading /home/bob/.latex2html-init
Note: Initialising with file: /home/bob/.latex2html-init
This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2008 (1.71)
by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca