[l2h] HOw to install l2h on debian?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Apr 17 04:17:15 CEST 2010

It seems there is no latex2hml package for debian (may be one day there will
be?).

So, I went to http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=latex2html    and
since there is no date or version numbers on the links shown on the page
(how does one expect to know which is the newest? this is so confusing) I
clicked on link called sid (bottom one), and the on the right side of the
page, found  latex2html_2008-debian1.orig.tar.gz, downloaded, and run make
on it and installed it "manually" like on windows. no problems.

Then ran l2h on the same folder (I ftp'ed it from windows to linux) that l2h
on widnows was having errors from netpbm on windows, and now I do NOT get
the same image generation errors. Some this tells me it is a configuration
problem of l2h/netpbm on windows which now I need to find what it is.

btw, the above l2h tar file still has that old bug that Shigeharu Takeno
found and fixed for me on windows few months ago. From my l2h page
http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/index.htm , I copy the bug:

"edit the file called more_amsmath.perl as follows
----- From here -----

*** styles/more_amsmath.perl.ORG        Sat Dec  2 15:15:01 2000
--- styles/more_amsmath.perl    Fri Oct  1 08:42:49 2004
***************
*** 95,100 ****
--- 95,101 ----
        }
      } else { $tag = '   ' }
      $*=0;
+     $scan =~ s/($comment_mark\d+) /$1\n/g;
      if ($labels) {
        $labels =~ s/$anchor_mark/$tag/o;
        ($labels , $scan);
----- To here -----
"
I'll try to find the debian maintainer for l2h, and send him email so the
above is fixed in the source itself.

--Nasser