[l2h] HOw to install l2h on debian?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Fri Apr 16 22:53:37 CEST 2010

Hello;

I installed sun virtual on windows, and installed debian on it to try l2h on
it.

In debian, I start the GUI application called "Add/remove applications",
then I search for application "latex2html", but it does not find it.

This is debian/Linux version 2.6.26-2

I am also confused by how to install packages on debian, should I use the
above GUI interface, or use the debian package manager directly from the
command line? and how does one know which package latex2html is included in?

I wanted to try the same tex files I am having trouble building on windows,
to see if the problem is a configuration issue on windows or something else.

I searched debian web site for latex2html, but it is very confusing:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=latex2html

thank you
--Nasser