[l2h] what am i missing?

A.L. Bug abug1 at swarthmore.edu
Sat Jul 12 01:24:27 CEST 2008

Hi there:
   I've just installed latex2html  on Mac OS X Tiger (System
10.4) ... using the instructions found here:

https://collaborate.txcorp.com/collaborate/swinstall/latex2html-
installation-on-mac-os-x/

  I uncompressed a folder  " latex2html-2002-2-1"  and within it
placed an uncompressed  "netpbm"  folder ... though I wasn't totally
sure if this was necessary or right.

  latex2html  seemed to install and configure properly, as per the
instructions

$tar -zxvf latex2html-2002-2-1
$cd latex2html-2002-2-1
$./configure
$make
$sudo make install

  But when I tried to run it on a simple tex file as, say,
 > latex2html dummy.tex
I got this error:

Error: No such image type ''.
        This installation supports (first is default):

   Is there configuration info that I should be modifying?  Does it
have something to do with the image format of the output I want?
I'd like PDF ...

        Many thanks for any advice!!!

       Amy Bug