[l2h] Error while converting imgae

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Fri Dec 12 13:50:20 CET 2008

shige 12/12 2008
----------------

Christian wrote:
| 3. Within the output (see below) I found the following for both images:
|
| ########
| Can't exec "pnmquant": No such file or directory at /sw/bin/ppmquant
| line 29.
| pnmtopng: Error reading magic number from Netpbm image stream.  Most
| often, this means your input file is empty.
| pstoimg: Error: "/sw/bin/ppmquant -floyd 256 < /tmp/l2h2015/p2031.pnm
| | /sw/bin/pnmtopng -interlace -trans 'gray85'  > img2.png" failed:
| Debug (syswait): Finished child process: #2031
|   at ../latex2html line 4230
|
| Error while converting image
| ########
|
| I checked the dir "/sw/bin/" and "ppmquant" is available there.

ppmquant is a perl script which calls another script "pnmquant"
without "/sw/bin/". Please check:

1) Is the "pnmquant" in the directory /sw/bin ? If it does not
exist, please check the installation of Netpbm.

2) If it exists in the directory, please check your PATH
environment variable to include the directory "/sw/bin":

 $ echo $PATH