[l2h] image problem during ./configure

Christian maillists at gmx.de
Thu Dec 11 13:40:16 CET 2008

Hi,

After  couple of problems with latex2html on my os x, I decided
reinstall it.
When I do ./configure I get the bellow added output in the terminal.
There seem to be some problem for image generation, starting at
"checking for pnmcrop... no". I already installed MacTeX 2008, netpbm
10.24-3 from Fink and so on.

I realy need urgently solved that problem, cause I need to work with
latex2html.

How could I fix this to get latex2html to work?

Thanks in advance
Christian

########################
checking for old config file (cfgcache.pm)... not found (ok)
checking for platform... darwin (assuming unix)
checking for /usr/bin/perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking perl version... 5.008008
checking if perl supports some dbm... yes
checking if perl globbing works... yes
checking for tex... /usr/texbin/tex
checking for latex... /usr/texbin/latex
checking for initex... no
checking for kpsewhich... /usr/texbin/kpsewhich
checking for kpsewhich syntax... ok (style=1)
checking for TeX include path... /Users/christian/Library/texmf/tex/
latex/html
checking for mktexlsr... /usr/texbin/mktexlsr
checking for dvips... /usr/texbin/dvips
checking dvips version... 5.97
checking if dvips supports the combination of -E and -i -S 1... yes
checking for html4-check... no
checking for gs... /usr/local/bin/gs
checking for ghostscript version... 8.62
checking for ghostscript portable bitmap device... pnmraw
checking for full color device for anti-aliasing... ppmraw
checking for ghostscript library and font paths... built-in paths are
correct
checking for pnmcrop... no
Warning: Will not be able to generate images due to above failure.
checking for pnmflip... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2395.
Warning: You may need to rely on LaTeX to generate images with  effects.
checking for ppmquant... no
checking for pnmfile... no
checking for pnmcat... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2395.
Warning: You may need to rely on LaTeX to generate images with  effects.
checking for pbmmake... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2395.
Warning: You may need to rely on LaTeX to generate images with  effects.
checking for ppmtogif... no
checking for ppm2gif... no
checking for pnmtopng... no
checking for pnm2png... no
checking for ppmtojpeg... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for pnmcut... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2395.
Warning: You may need to rely on LaTeX to generate images with  effects.
checking for pnmpad... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2395.
Warning: You may need to rely on LaTeX to generate images with  effects.
checking for pnmrotate... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2395.
Warning: You may need to rely on LaTeX to generate images with  effects.
checking for pnmscale... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2395.
Warning: You may need to rely on LaTeX to generate images with  effects.
checking for giftopnm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for jpegtopnm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for pngtopnm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for tifftopnm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for picttoppm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for anytopnm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for bmptoppm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for pcxtoppm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for sgitopnm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for xbmtopbm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking for xwdtopnm... no
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./config/
config.pl line 2400.
Warning: You cannot directly translate/modify graphics of  format.
checking if multiple pipes work... yes
checking for temporary disk space... /tmp
creating cfgcache.pm
Note: Will install...
       ... executables to   : /usr/local/bin
       ... shared library items to : /usr/local/share/lib/latex2html
       ... unshared library items to : /usr/local/lib/latex2html
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile

If everything went well,  you may run 'make'