[l2h] Anything "new"?

Jean-Pierre Chretien Jean-Pierre.Chretien at cert.fr
Thu Sep 6 14:11:58 CEST 2007

>>To: Jean-Pierre Chretien <Jean-Pierre.Chretien at cert.fr>
>>cc: latex2html at tug.org
>>Subject: Re: [l2h] Anything "new"?
>>Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:02:26 +0100
>>From: Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>
>>
>>Jean-Pierre Chretien <Jean-Pierre.Chretien at cert.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> In addition, pdf pollutes the web with bunches of non-hypertext stuff.
>>
>>what???  the pdf i generate has as much hypertext in it as any html i
>>generate.

I was speaking of people publishing non-hypertexed pdf. Word pdf exports
are plain files, only OO does it, and is not that frequent.
Most of the time, these pdfs could be published better in html.

>>there's a valid use for pdf on the web, as much as there is for html.
>>the sole objection i know of is that it's a proprietary standard which
>>changes in inscrutable ways, and at a tiresomely fast rate.

No, I'm short sighted and it makes a big difference.
In addition you publish in pieces and rebuild the doc on line,
this is where the creators of http are real geniuses.
Ans you may split the doc.

>>> If you want to publish to be read on the web, use html.
>>
>>or pdf, imo.

Of course, if you loke typography, or to print it, se below

--
Jean-Pierre