[l2h] pnmcrop_failure

seth tyler seth.tyler at welho.com
Sat May 26 15:09:59 CEST 2007

Hello!

I am trying to install latex2html on my ibook running os 10.3.9 and am
having troubles.  Here what I get from ./configure:

seth-tylers-Computer:~/Desktop/latex2html-2k.1beta sethtyler$
./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking whether #! works in shell scripts... yes
launching proprietary configuration...

config.pl, Release 2K.1beta (Revision 1.40)
Accompanies LaTeX2HTML, (C) 1999 GNU Public License.

checking for old config file (cfgcache.pm)... loaded
checking for platform... darwin (assuming unix)
checking for /usr/bin/perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking perl version... 5.008001
checking if perl supports some dbm... yes
checking if perl globbing works... yes
checking for /usr/texbin/tex... /usr/texbin/tex
checking for /usr/texbin/latex... /usr/texbin/latex
checking for initex... no
checking for /usr/texbin/kpsewhich... /usr/texbin/kpsewhich
checking for kpsewhich syntax... ok (style=1)
checking for TeX include path...
/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/html
checking for /usr/texbin/mktexlsr... /usr/texbin/mktexlsr
checking for /usr/texbin/dvips... /usr/texbin/dvips
checking dvips version... 5.96
checking if dvips supports the combination of -E and -i -S 1... yes
checking for html4-check... no
checking for /usr/local/bin/gs... /usr/local/bin/gs
checking for ghostscript version... 8.54
checking for ghostscript portable bitmap device... pnmraw
checking for full color device for anti-aliasing... ppmraw
checking for ghostscript library and font paths... built-in paths are
correct
checking for pnmcrop... no
Warning: Will not be able to generate images due to above failure.
checking if multiple pipes work... yes
checking for temporary disk space... /tmp
creating cfgcache.pm
Note: Will install...
       ... executables to   : /usr/local/bin
       ... library items to : /usr/local/lib/latex2html
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile

If everything went well,  you may run 'make'

After running 'make' and 'make install' latex2html renders math eq'ns
as navigation icons.  Something is going awry with generating images
from math eq'ns.

Thanks for any help,
Seth Tyler