[l2h] LaTeX conversion to HTML with PDF images

Alan Fry ajf at afco.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 11:40:21 CET 2006

Thanks for your reply.

On 16 Nov 2006, at 12:50, Christopher Willmot wrote:

> PostScript files are text files, so the line termination might not
> be right for your platform?

No, it's certainly not that. The PS file is generated by 'divps'
locally. Other PS files so generated from latex 'math' work fine.

Actually by opening up the PS file one can see why it is 'corrupt' --
'divps' merely copies the whole PDF file verbatim, FLATE encoded,
into the PS file it generates. That is clearly not "valid PostScript"!

There is, BTW, nothing wrong with the source '.tex' file. This
'typsets' with no errors; including the external PDF files using the
'\includegraphics' tag.

The question is what to do? Can 'latex2html' handle external PDF
files does anyone know?

Alan Fry