[l2h] pstoimg conversion fail

Pavel Sanda ps at twin.jikos.cz
Thu Nov 9 01:17:01 CET 2006

> Which version of pstoimg are you using ?
> Here with
> pstoimg V2002-2-1 (Revision 1.19, Perl 5.006001)
> all is OK.

hmm.
my gentoo ebuild for latex2html says : 2002.2.1_pre20041025-r1
and pstoimg --version
pstoimg (Revision 1.19, perl 5.008008),
part of LaTeX2HTML Release V2002-2-1.
it seems identical to yours.

one possibility more is that you use some older version of netpbm
(my version is 10.36.0) ?

> Keeping ps graphics in latex documents may work (the showpage will be ignored),
> but this is not robuts and prone to errors with other software: pstoimg is one of them
> from your exmaple.

my point was, that it will be easy to make pstoimg more robust by
using pampick and somebody in this list maybe maintains pstoimg ...

> You may use ps2eps (by Roland Bless) to normalize your graphics, which gives the following diffs:

yes you are right, this works.

thanks for your reply
pavel