[l2h] Problem with 'pnmcrop'

Alan Fry ajf at afco.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 21:37:28 CET 2006

I have been trying to get 'latex2html' running on Mac OS X 10.4.8.

Firstly I installed 'Netpbm' and then 'latex2html'. Running
'configure' results in one error as follows:

	checking for pnmcrop... /usr/local/netpbm/bin/pnmcrop
	This  for /usr/local/netpbm/bin/pnmcrop is not recognisable.no
	Warning: Will not be able to generate images due to above failure
	Hint: Get netpbm version 1mar1994p1 (the p1 is important!) to fix this
	error, or later versions (v9.15+) from  sourceforge.net .

As a result the 'make' fails with the error "skipping build of
'pstoimg' because of missing external programs".

The version of 'netpbm' is 10.26.33 which is certainly later than
v9.15, and so far as I can see that early version is no longer
available at sourceforge.

I am at a loss to know what to do next and would be most grateful for
any suggestions.

Alan Fry