[l2h] Trouble with control space

Anthony Stone ajs1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 9 13:26:42 CET 2006

I'm having trouble with LaTeX2html's treatment of "control space",
i.e. backslash followed by space, which TeX and LaTeX use to force a
space after a control sequence. That is, if I say
\newcommand{\foo}{{\sc Foo}}
to get Foo in caps and small caps, I have to write \foo\ in the LaTeX
source in order to make sure it is followed by a space.

LaTeX2html seems to screw this up completely, usually losing some of
the text after the control space, and (when I do use it as with \foo
above) using caps and small caps for the whole of the text that
follows.

This seems a fairly basic bug -- or is this a a documented `feature'?

--
Anthony Stone                           www-stone.ch.cam.ac.uk
University Chemical Laboratory,         Email:  ajs1 at cam.ac.uk
Lensfield Road,                         Phone: +44 1223 336375
Cambridge CB2 1EW                       Fax:   +44 1223 336362