[l2h] l2h title attribute in equations

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Aug 23 09:53:51 CEST 2006

Hello Baptiste,

On 22/08/2006, at 10:57 PM, baptiste auguie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Internet Explorer misuse of the alt attribute has some
> utility: it displays the "alt" attribute of equation,
> eg the LaTeX code used to generate them. Firefox,
> Safari, .. won't allow that since it should be done
> using the "title" attribute, the "alt" one being
> reserved for images that won't display for some
> reason.

Sounds like LaTeX2HTML should use the same text for
*both* of these attributes.

> My question is, how can one tell/modify latex2html to
> add a title attribute?

There is no coding for this at present.
LaTeX2HTML was written before there ever was a 'title'
attribute.

However, the Perl coding required would be minimal
  -- just add a few lines to a subroutine ---
since the value has been worked-out already for 'ALT'.

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au