[l2h] Resending...

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Apr 6 01:16:25 CEST 2006

On 06/04/2006, at 8:11 AM, Marcelo Moulin wrote:

> Hello all!
> I have two problem and i think it is about latex2html.
>
> One of them is about hyperlink. If i use URL or Hyper-link in LYX and
> after i use latex2html when i open the *.html document i can not use
> as hyper-link because seems to be just one simple-text.

Can you post an example of the LaTeX source for this.
I don't know how LYX handles hyperlinks, so there is probably
just a simple definition required so that LaTeX2HTML will
know what is intended.

> Another problem concern about two hyphenation symbols together like :
> " -- ". In *.html appears just one of them like " - ".

What is the context for this ?

Normally in (La)TeX the  -- produces a single 'endash' character.
In HTML, using just ISO-Latin-1 encoding, this is best represented
by a single - . That is what LaTeX2HTML is doing.

If you use of -- is not meant to do this, then it needs to be
within some environment that determines the non-standard treatment.
So again, we need to see an example to best advise you what to do.

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au