[l2h] Strange latex2html and bibtex interaction

Jan Tobias Muehlberg muehlber at fh-brandenburg.de
Sat Sep 10 14:01:27 CEST 2005

Hi Ross,

> LaTeX2HTML just inputs the  .bbl  file that was created when
> you processed your file with  LaTeX + BibTeX, etc.
> However, this happens *after* \input files have been interpolated
> into the full job. This means that your use of \input within
> the bibliography is interpreted as an unknown command, which is
> then passed over to LaTeX to interpret -- hence the image.

Well. I assume that there is no way to make LaTeX2HTML
interpolate \input inside the .bbl file?

>  \begin{thebibliography}{99}
>   ... put the .bbl file's contents here ...
>  \end{thebibliography}
>  [...]
>  \begin{thebibliography}{99}
>   \input{<filename>.bbl}
>  \end{thebibliography}

\begin{thebibliography} and \end{thebibliography} is not required
since it's already in the .bbl.

You mean I should leave the \bibliography{<filename>} out, use
sed to add \bibdata{} to the .aux and then simply input the .bbl?
Doesn't work: I'm getting a nice bibliography in the PDF output
(same as before) but references in the HTML output look like
[#!weber:success_of_os!#] and there's no bibliography at all.

Is there a way to insert commands into the .tex file that are
only interpreted by LaTeX2HTML?

Best,
J. Tobias

--
"The GNU philosophy is about freedom. To be free one must have
personal power. Personal power is an individual thing, difficult to