[l2h] latex2html doesn't work anymore with tetex 3.0?

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibo at mandrakesoft.com
Sun Mar 13 19:39:20 CET 2005

Hi, I've two small fixes for latex2html that I used into
current MandrakeLinux latex2html RPM.

The first is for html.sty, which makes the
pdftex checking a little more robust. In tetex 3.0,
in fact latex uses 'pdfetex' as engine. Note
that 'pdfetex' can produce either .dvi or .pdf output
according to the \pdfoutput value (this behavior
was the same also in previous pdftex versions). So
it's not enough to check only the \pdfoutput existance, but
should be also checked the \pdfoutput value.

The second patch fixes the gs version detection
of the perl configure script. In fact
'gs -h' on ghostscript 8.15.0 outputs to stderr instead
of stdout.

Ross, a little question. Is picttoppm still needed? As I've
seen it was removed from many distro from the
netpbm tool package for security reasons.

Bye.
Giuseppe.