[l2h] latex2html doesn't work anymore with tetex 3.0?

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Mon Mar 7 12:53:00 CET 2005

Ross Moore <ross at ics.mq.edu.au> さんは書きました:

> Hi Mike, and Werner,

[...]

> On my system --- MacOS X, but that's not really relevant ---
> there are two of them, as follows.
>
> This one works, and is the default:
>
> [GlenLivet:]% more
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/texlive/hyperref.cfg
> \ProvidesFile{hyperref.cfg}%
>    [2001/06/04 v1.0 hyperref configuration of TeXLive]
> %\@ifundefined{pdfoutput}{\ExecuteOptions{dvips}}{\ExecuteOptions{pdftex
> }}
> \@ifundefined{pdfliteral}{\ExecuteOptions{dvips}}{\ExecuteOptions{pdftex
> }}
> \endinput

This file works but when we copy this file to
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/hyperref/hyperref.cfg, pdf-Output is
always produced, never .dvi-Output.

> This one is later, but isn't being used:
>
> [GlenLivet:]% more /usr/TeX/texmf/tex/latex/texlive/hyperref.cfg
> \ProvidesFile{hyperref.cfg}%
>    [2002/06/06 v1.2 hyperref configuration of TeXLive]
> % Change default driver to "dvips" instead of "hypertex",
> % requires hyperref 2002/06/05 v6.72s
> \providecommand*{\Hy at defaultdriver}{hdvips}%
> \endinput

When using the above file and replacing "hdvips" with "hpdftex",
the result is the same: It works, but both

    latex test.tex

and

    pdflatex test.tex

generate .pdf-Output, not .dvi.

Somehow this doesn't appear to be completely correct.
When the test file looks like

    mfabian at magellan:/tmp$ cat test.tex
    \documentclass{article}
    %\usepackage{html}
    \begin{document}
    Hello!
    %\htmladdimg{haegar.png}
    \end{document}

    mfabian at magellan:/tmp$

then

    latex test.tex

generates .dvi output. But when removing the comment before
\usepackage{html}, it suddenly generates .pdf output.  That is
surprising and probably not correct, isn't it?

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。