[l2h] On graphics in latex2html

hooklee hooklee at hooklee.com
Tue Apr 5 18:09:54 CEST 2005

======= 2005-04-05 22:20:56 You wrote in your e-mail£º=======

>On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, hooklee wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When one runs latex2tml with NO_SUBDIR=0, all graphics embedded with
>> \includegraphics cannot be processed.  One has to copy all graphics into
>> the directory $DESTDIR\ and then re-run latex2html to get the graphics.
>>
>> I am puzzled why latex2html cannot be written slightly to make the thing
>> easier.  In fact, latex2html can work well if the $DESTDIR\images.tex is
>> processed as follows:
>> --\graphicspath{{path}} => \graphicspath{{../path}}
>> or
>> --\includegraphics[...]{file.ext} => \includegraphics[...]{../file.ext}
>>   (when \graphicspath doesn't appear in the source file)
>>
>> I am not familiar with perl programing, so perhaps the above ideas are
>> not practical. Could any one consider rewriting latex2html if it is
>> possible to add the functions? I think it will be very useful for all
>> users of latex2html.
>
>Isn't it just a question of invoking LaTeX with the appropriate TEXINPUTS
>setting?  Then images.tex doesn't need to be modified at all...
>	Igor

Sorry, I cannot understand what you mean.
Could you please give some explanations on how should we do in this case?

I have seen some previous discussions on this issue, and it was said that the graphics files have been copied to $DESTDIR$ manually.
Or, one has to use -NO_SUBDIR switch to let latex2html work in the current directory.

Shujun