[l2h] XP problems

Darrell dr6583 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 03:17:22 CEST 2004

I've got a new PC with XP (was on 98 and NT before w/ no prob.)  I've got all the latest downloads of l2h, netpbm, activeperl, ghostscript.  Does anyone know why some of my math formulas now have a thick underline, and what to do about it?  It's only some of them (I have amsmath loaded. BTW).  I've even 'downgraded' to the same versions of l2h, netpbm, perl, gs, I had on the old system, configured everything the same, and still have the problem.  I'm scratching my head on this one.

I was also having a problem utilizing the temporary directory I defined in prefs.pm before installation, which resulted in no images being generated, but I later set  $LATEX_DUMP = 0 which seems to fix, or at least workaround, that particular problem.

Any advice for l2h on WinXP will be appreciated (except to get Linux--that's not an option).

Thanks,
Darrell