[l2h] Another pstricks question

Ross Moore ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Wed Dec 1 07:30:14 CET 2004

On 01/12/2004, at 12:38 PM, Mark Horner wrote:

> Hi Ross
>
> Thanks very much for the explanation and solution. I have tried a few
> of them and things look fine.

That's good.

Try simply putting the following in the document preamble:

\usepackage{html}
\begin{imagesonly}
   \let\PSTpspicture\pspicture
   \let\PSTendpspicture\endpspicture
   \def\HTMLpspicture{\begingroup\setbox0=\hbox\bgroup\PSTpspicture}

\def\HTMLendpspicture{\PSTendpspicture\egroup\colorbox{white}{\box0}\end
group}
   \let\pspicture\HTMLpspicture
   \let\endpspicture\HTMLendpspicture
\end{imagesonly}

This obviates the need to explicitly put in the \framebox (or
\colorbox{white}{....} )
around every {pspicture}.

The code rebinds \pspicture to first set the picture's contents within
a temporary
box-register  (in fact within \box0 ) before putting a white rectangle
under it,
via the   \colorbox{white}{\box0} .

It all happens inside a \begingroup .... \endgroup to preserve any
previous
contents of \box0 . So there may be problems with any \label, \index or
similar
commands within the {pspicture} creating flags to be accessed from
outside it.
But that's a pretty rare thing, that probably doesn't work in
LaTeX2HTML anyway.

Also, it only happens when using LaTeX2HTML via the  {imagesonly}
environment
construction, from the  {html}  package.

> I really appreciate the help as you've saved me a tremendous amount of
> work :-D

This little hack may save you some more. :-)

Cheers

	Ross