[l2h] tableofcontents UL type

Peter Morling pmorling at nat.sdu.dk
Tue Oct 28 16:50:17 CET 2003

Hi, thanks!

> Peter Morling writes:
>  > Thanks, I guess what you mean is that the generated HTML for the table
of
>  > contants does something like:
>  >
>  > <!--Table of Contents-->
>  > <UL CLASS="ChildLinks">
>
> Yes, that's what I see.
>
>  > However, I use the most current version of L2H and this version does
not
>  > include the class="ChildLinks" on the toc UL. Did you set any option on
L2H
>  > that I don't know about? (it would be great if this is controlable
:-) )

> LaTeX2HTML is checking the $USING_STYLES variable to see if it should
> generate that (and several others as well).  I'm not sure what I did
> to cause that to be set; I don't set it in my Perl code for LaTeX2HTML
> extensions.

You are right, setting $USING_STYLES =1; in l2hconf.pm ( can also be set in
dot.init) works!

If using \tableofcontents, only the outmost UL will be added with
CLASS="TofC".

If using \tableofchildlinks, each UL will be added with CLASS="ChildLinks",
only for the generation of the \tableofchildlinks.

However, the \tableofchildlinks cannot be shown in the LaTeX version of the
document, unfortunately.

I'll decide to use a Perl script to post process the HTML document generated
to change the style of the toc UL's.

Once again, thanks.

> I'm using the latex2html that comes bundled with RedHat Linux 9;
> "latex2html -version" tells me:

>  [english]This is jLaTeX2HTML Version 2002 (1.62) JA patch-1.4
> by Kenshi Muto, Debian Project.
>
> Original LaTeX2HTML Version 2002 (1.62)
> by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

Im using L2H on winXP with cygwin:
 "latex2html -version" tells me:
This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2002-2-1 (1.70)
by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

Best,

Peter