[l2h] latex/foiltex->html is all messed up

Raphael Clifford raphael at clifford.net
Sat Feb 1 12:05:09 CET 2003

I have produced a simple series of lectures using latex/foiltex.  When I
run latex2html  Version 2002-1
(1.68) on the latex file its comes out with a series of problems.  For
example

1)  The first page is completely wrong.  The html looks like this
[...]
<LI><A NAME="tex2html3"
  HREF="node1.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html4"
  HREF="node2.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html5"
  HREF="node3.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html6"
  HREF="node4.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html7"
  HREF="node5.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html8"
  HREF="node6.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html9"
  HREF="node7.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html10"
  HREF="node8.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html11"
  HREF="node9.html">-0.5in</A>
<LI><A NAME="tex2html12"
  HREF="node10.html">-0.5in</A>
[...]

2)Clicking on "next" takes you to the foils proper...  The inline maths
formulae are now in the wrong position  (although the right size) and
some seem completely messed up.  I have screen shots but when I attach
them my mails to latex2html disappear.  If any one could tell me how to
send attachments to this mailing list I will.

3) I get these warnings
Warning: No implementation found for option: `a4paper' for `foils'
package

Warning: No implementation found for option: `english' for `foils'
package

Warning: No implementation found for option: `T1' for `fontenc' package
[...]

*** redefining \LyX ***
.
Warning: No implementation found for option: `a4paper' for `foils'
package

Warning: No implementation found for option: `english' for `foils'
package
.
Warning: No implementation found for package: fontenc......
 *** preamble done ***
[...]

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+0/8000
--dpi 8000 ecrm1000
mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 8000; ignoring mode.
mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 8000 dpi devices.
mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
/usr/bin/dvips: Font ecrm1000 at 8000 not found; scaling 600 instead.
/usr/bin/dvips: Such scaling will generate extremely poor output.
[...]
No implementation found for style `fontenc'

Any help is very much appreciated.

Raphael