[l2h] date format & do_require_package()

Shigeharu TAKENO shige@iee.niit.ac.jp
Tue, 14 May 2002 18:20:17 +0900 (JST)

I read the section "Support for different languages" of the book
"The LaTeX Web Companion", and I knew the "standard way" to
change the language of latex2html.

(1) date format

I have two questions for language and date format.

In default, english.perl (this may be the default language) does
not seems to be loaded, and local date format &'language'_today()
defined in 'language'.perl does not seems to be used. I think it
is enabled by the following change in the definition of
&address_data():

  ($user, &get_date($format,$order));

  ($user, &do_cmd_today());

However, since english.perl is not loaded, this change make a
incorrect date format, such as "14, 2002", in default.

Why &'language'_today() is not used ?
Why 'default language'.perl (=english.perl) is not loaded ?

(2) &do_require_package()

I found a small misprint of the book:

  &do_require_package("$LATEX2HTMLSTYLES/german.perl");

should be

  &do_require_package("$LATEX2HTMLSTYLES/german");

or the function do_require_package() defined in latex2html.pin
should be modified.

 Shigeharu TAKENO     NIigata Institute of Technology
                       kashiwazaki,Niigata 945-1195 JAPAN
 shige@iee.niit.ac.jp   TEL(&FAX): +81-257-22-8161