[l2h] Refer to extern JavaScript-file

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:55:13 +1100 (EST)

> Hello,
>
> how do I produce in the head of each HTML-page for example:
>
> <head>
> <script language="JavaScript"  src="javascripte.js"
> type="text/javascript">
> </script>
> </head>
>
> When I refer to extern StyleSheet-file, I write e.g. in
> .latex2html-init  :
>
> $STYLESHEET = _../default.css_;
>
> _ and after latex2html was running through it is written in the each
> HTML-page:
>
> <head>
>
> <LINK REL="STYLESHEET" HREF="../default.css">
>
> </head> .
>
> It  works  verry well.
>
> But how can I do if  I want that there is a refer to an JavaScript-file
> in the head of each HTML-page???

THere is nothing explicitly for JavaScript;
however, there is the  $LATEX2HTML_META  variable:

    $LATEX2HTML_META = '<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="LaTeX2HTML v'.$TEX2HTMLV_SHORT
.'">'
        . "\n<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Content-Style-Type\" CONTENT=\"text/css\">"
              unless ($LATEX2HTML_META);

You can setup a value for  $LATEX2HTML_META  in an initialisation file.

It can use the <META....> tags constructed by default (as above),
as well as any other tags that you wish to appear within
the <HEAD>....</HEAD>  section.

There is also a variable:  $STYLESHEET_CASCADE  which occurs
after the  <BASE HREF=\"$BASE\">" tag (if there is one)
and before the  $STYLESHEET link.

You can patch into either of these to do what you want.