[l2h] \caption vs. \newfont?

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:43:59 +1000 (EST)

> Well, I can't quite get it.  I've appended the latex input
> I'm using after I made the suggested change to use the latex/htmlonly
> environments instead of the \latexhtml cmd.  I'm still getting
> these errors:
>
>     No number for "Transactionstartedby<SMALL>INIT</SMALL>msg"
>     Unknown commands: ct
>
> What have I got wrong?

\caption causes an interaction between the .aux file
and the main document.

Look inside the .aux file.
You will see  \ct  occurs in there.
That's what LaTeX2HTML cannot interpret.

Also, the text of the caption in the .aux file does not
match the caption in the body of the document,
since  \tartm  has been expanded in one case, but not the other.

Fix it as follows:

> And here's a figure with a caption using a message type.
> \begin{figure}
> \includegraphics{model.ps}
> \caption{Transaction started by \protect\tartm{init} msg}
                                  ^^^^^^^^
> \end{figure}

Then re-run LaTeX on your job to update the ,aux file.

Now re-run LaTeX2HTML.