[l2h] pstoimg won't compile

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:53:31 +1100 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install LaTeX2html on Windows XP. Perl is installed and all the netpbm executables and dlls are in the right place, gswin32c is accessible and all the directories are specified in prefs.pm, but when I run the config.bat, I get a message that  some missing external programs are missing (I can't get more information!). Here's the message.
>
>  ... building pstoimg
> build.pl (Revision 1.6)
> config\build.pl: Warning: Skipping build of pstoimg because of missing external
> programs.

This should only happen whin the  pstoimg.pin  (pre-installation version of
 pstoimg )  is what is missing.
Are you sure that you are running the install script from the correct directory ?

> Does anyone out there have any idea of what this could be?

Did you run the  configure  script first, to create the file  cfgcache.pl  ?
There should be an entry in there for  have_pstoimg .
If that's missing or empty, then you will get the message that you saw.