[l2h] Why images cannot be generated?

hooklee hooklee@sina.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:39:18 +0800

Hi all,

I download the latest version of latex2html from www.latex2htm.org, but I encountered strange problem when I run test.bat after running config.bat. The problem is: all images, including the ones generated to display complex equations, cannot be displayed in the html pages. The report is as follows:

Converting image #2
pstoimg.bat: Error: Ghostscript returned error status 0
pstoimg.bat: Error: Couldn't find pnm output of C:\ChinaTeX\Temp\l2h1624\image002.ps
Error: Cannot read 'img2.gif': No such file or directory

Although it seems that I have not correctly installed Ghostscript, I really installed the latest version (Ghostscript 8.00) and set "$prefs{'EXTRAPATH'} = 'C:\\gs\\gs8.00\\bin';" in prefs.pm before I ran config.bat.

If I omit the problem and continue to run install.bat, the problem remains when I try to translate any .tex file to html documents.

Shujun Li
E-mail: hooklee@sina.com hooklee@mail.com
Institute of Image Processing
School of Electronics & Information Engineering
Xi'an Jiaotong University
Xi'an, Shaanxi 710049, P. R. China
My home page: http://www.hooklee.com
Welcome to visit ChinaTeX: http://www.ctexer.net