[l2h] Strange problem about CJK and image conversion

hooklee hooklee@sina.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:24:44 +0800

Hi all,

   I am a Chinese. I downloaded the latest version of latex2html (28 April 2002)
and try to use it to transfer some CJK .tex files into html files. But I am puzzed
by a strange about image conversion.

   In my CJK .tex file, all chinese characters can be dealt successfully, but all
embedded .eps files with \includegraphics and equation symbols that should be
converted into images cannot be converted. Such warning messages are reported:

Doing footnotes ...Converting image #42
pstoimg.bat: Warning: Cannot use C:\DOCUME~1\shujunli\LOCALS~1\Temp\l2h1408 as temporary directory.
pstoimg.bat: Error: Cannot find file "C:\DOCUME~1\shujunli\LOCALS~1\Temp\l2h1408\_image042.ps": No such file or directory
Error while converting image
Error: Cannot read 'img43.png': No such file or directory

   It seems that pstoimg.bat cannot copy converted images into the temporary directory.

   However, when I test another .tex file without CJK package, everything is OK! All embedded
eps files and all equation symbols are converted into .png images successfully.

   Can you help me to solve such a strange problem? Thanks!

PS: My platform is Win2K+MiKTeX2.0+CJK4.2.0.

Yours sincerely,
Shujun Li