[l2h] latex2html

sigbert sigbert@wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:07:25 +0200

Hi,

I have a lot of problems with latex2html. We moved from SuSe Linux 6.2
(latex2html 98.1p7) to SuSe Linux 7.1 (latex2html 99beta8). Meanwhile
we upgraded latex2html to 2K.1 beta (1.55) from CTAN.

A lot of documents which worked under 98.1p7 do not work under the 99-
or 2K-version anymore. We have experienced several problems:

- graphics
	latex2html complains that a lot graphics (included with
	\includegraphics) are not available:

	Error while converting image

	Error: Cannot read 'exercises_x4htmlimg83.gif': Datei oder Verzeichnis
	nicht gefunden
	Converting image #56
	pstoimg: Error: Cannot find file "/tmp/l2h6959/image056.ps": Datei oder
	Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

	A colleauge of mine found a solution to this problem, if I delete all
	\latex{...} commands from my document then it runs without problems
	under 2K.1. But of course i do not want to do this.

	I also get the following:

	Unknown commands: begin item

- LaTeX macros

	We have a large set a LaTeX Macros and some do not work anymore as
	expected, e.g.

	\newcommand{\glref}[3]{%
	\label{#2}
	\html{
	\begin{rawhtml}
	<!----- LINKFORWARD
	Lecture
	@
	\end{rawhtml}
	\glreftitle
	\begin{rawhtml}
	@
	0
	@
	-
	@
	0
	@
	\end{rawhtml}
	\begin{rawhtml}
	@
	-
	@
	lecturelink
	@
	\end{rawhtml}
	\begin{rawhtml}
	@
	\end{rawhtml}
	\htmlref{#1}{#3}
	\begin{rawhtml}
	LINKFORWARD ----->
	\end{rawhtml}

	It works well with 98.1p7, but under 99- or 2K-version I get
	instead of @ a lot of garbage there. And again I noticed that
	under unknown commands appears 'begin'.

Anything I could do ??? I also would like to understand why I get
"Unkown commands" and how can I figure out where it comes from and
how I can repair it.

Thanks for any help

	Sigbert Klinke