[l2h] figure & input bug ???

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:28:55 +1000 (EST)

> Is the following a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> I have tried to insert an \input label inside a \figure environment, and
> the resultating image has some extra characters.
>
> The tex code is:
>
> \begin{figure}
> \input{xx}
> \end{figure}

Try either (or both) of the following:

\begin{figure}
\input xx
\end{figure}

OR

put the \begin{figure}......\end{figure}  markup *inside* xx.tex
and simply use:

  \input xx.tex

> And the figure include two strings:
> first string:  ¡tex2htmlfile>./x.tex
> second string: <tex2htmlendfile>./x.tex

Those markers are supposed to be removed before any processing
of the stuff in-between is performed.
It looks like the initial character has been altered from '<'.
I'll have to run some traces to determine why this happens.

> two characters appear as subscript:
> the 'f' in the first string.
> the second 'e' in the second string.

Yes, because the markers are:  <tex2html_file>  <tex2html_endfile>
The failure to remove these markers means that they get interpreted
as LaTeX source, which includes interpreting the '_' as a subscriptor.

> This problem appers no matter the contents of x.tex; No warning nor error
> messages are generated.
> The \input outside the \figure environment works fine...

Yes, so you can use that technique until I fix the marker problem.

> Thanks in advance for your help...

Thank you for reporting the problem.

All the best,

	Ross Moore