[l2h] Equations in section heads.

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 11:21:52 +1100 (EST)

> [I forgot to ask my other question.]
>
> I am guessing this has been dealt with, but I could not find it in the
> archives.
>
> I have an equation ($T_2$) in the section title.  The problem is that the
> gif comes out very small compared to the other text in the title.  Any way
> around that?

You could include a size-changing command within the math:
  $\large T_2$

But since it's in a section-heading, it's probably a good idea to use
  $\protect\large T_2$
   ^^^^^^^^
(look inside the .aux file, to see the effect of the \protect )

However, the same image will be used on the Table-of-Contents page.
There it will probably look too large.

Better advice is to stop using LaTeX2HTML in its default user-mode.
If you have math-expressions in titles, then you almost certainly
want a more sophisticated level of handling of math-expressions
generally.

Try using  \usepackage{amsmath}  in the preamble, and then notice
the differences that result in the HTML pages.

> Also, too, I am trying to do a Roman character in the equation, but it
> seems to get ignored (e.g.  $\rm{T}_2$ ).  Is there another way around it?

This should be   $\mathrm{T}_2$.