[l2h] Absolute pathes???

Christopher Forbes Chris.Forbes@acunia.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:06:30 +0200

--------------461BC3ED937046CCCBDF667F

People,

I have encountered a similar problem.

Currently I use `LaTeX' and `latex2html' to provide user documentation
on a CDROM, browsable html documnets and printable pdf documents.
However, when I include a jpg file in my latex file:

\includegraphics{../whatever.jpg}

and  I run latex2html on the file, the HTML  files always inlude an absolute
path to the jpg images?  I'd prefer to copy them to the HTML folder and that
there be a relative path to the images.

(I will likely automate it by writing a small script)  but if anyone knows of a
means to configure latex2html to do this that'd be great!  Look forward to any
comments.  Ciao,

Chris Forbes

Ross Moore wrote:

> > HELP!
> >
> > I want to integrate images by using the \htmladdimg tag.
> > How can I specify an absolute always right oath?
> > e.g.
> > The gifs are always in a direcctory ./gif
> > How does latex2html accept something like
> >
> >   \htmladdimg{./gif/button.gif}
>
> A relative path must be relative to where the HTML page is located.
> Hence, you probably want:
>    \htmladdimg{../gif/button.gif}
>

> > I alwys have to do
> >
> >   \htmladdimg{/home/machine/user/tex/docs/gif/button.gif} for example only.
>
> This may work for you, on the local machine,
> but is no good to anyone looking at your pages from the Web.
> Instead you must use a URL to your machine.
>
> On the other hand, if you Web pages are to be distributed via CDROM, say,
> then the local filename might be better.
> However, I'd advise using relative paths wherever possible.
>

> > Thanks in advance
>
> Hope this helps,
>
>         Ross Moore
>

> > Sincerly
> > Heiko WOlf

--------------461BC3ED937046CCCBDF667F

begin:vcard
n:Forbes;Christopher
tel;cell:32 (0)496/41.26.70
tel;fax:32 (0)16/31.00.29
tel;work:32 (0)16/31.00.20
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.acunia.com
org:ACUNIA;Research & Development
adr:;;Vanden Tymplestraat 35;Leuven;;B-3000;Belgium
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.forbes@acunia.com
note:www.acunia.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;-21536