[l2h] ifthenelse

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:31:06 +1000 (EST)

> Hello,
>
> does anyone know how I can make LaTeX2HTML work with the ifthenelse
> -package?
> >From the moment I call a function of this package, L2H just doesn't
> translate anymore and produces one site, only with raw LaTeX on it...
>
> Must I leave ifthenelse commands out or is there a way to do it?

It is not implemented in LaTeX2HTML, since there can be no guarantee
that the construction will give the expansion that you desire.

You should surround such constructions with

%begin{latexonly}
%end{latexonly}

comments, and include conditional environments:

\begin{htmlonly}
\end{htmlonly}

containing what should go into the HTML pages.

Yes, this sort-of defeats the purpose of having an \ifthenelse
style of test. To say any more, I'd need to see exactly what
it is that you are testing.