[l2h] GIF/PNG Problems

Steffen Klupsch Steffen Klupsch <steffen@vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:36:19 +0200

Steffen Klupsch wrote:
> > > I installed  latex2html V99.2beta8
> > > and tried to generate inlined gif pictures
> > >
> > > (.latex2html with $IMAGE_TYPE = "gif";)

It does work. I didn't delete the image cache,
so the images were not recalculated.

The /latex2html-99.2beta8/INSTALL ist perfectly right.
Perhaps an extra paragraph like:

'Don't forget to delete images from former runs if you want to change the image
format. Image recycling prevents recreation of images even if the image format
is changed. You may use the "-no_reuse" switch for this purpose.'

Would fit after the 'Alternatively...' sentence.

> [pasted from INSTALL]
>  o If your system supports both GIF and PNG generation (this is if you have
>    both pnmtopng and ppmtogif), then the default image format will be PNG.
>    This is because of legal limitations on the GIF format. To set the
>    site-wide default to GIF, modify the order of the image formats in
>    l2hconf.pm *before* you install:
>
>      @IMAGE_TYPES = qw(gif png); # GIF is now default
>
>    Alternatively, you may say "-image_type gif" on the command line or
>    $IMAGE_TYPE = 'gif' in your .latex2html-init file.
> [...]

Thanks, Steffen

|   Steffen Klupsch                Alexanderstr. 10, D-64283 Darmstadt |
|   TU Darmstadt - FB Inf(20) - FG Integrierte Schaltungen und Systeme |
|   Email:   steffen@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de                        |
|   URL  :   http://www.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/staff/steffen/ |
|   Phone:   (+49)6151/16-6650                  Fax: (+49)6151/16-4810 |